Gatekeeper Story 2 Normal Stage 1-10
Table of Contents
Same boss you face in co-op, but it works a bit different for this stage. Skip to the general tips section at least if you are too lazy to read everything.
When there’s 2:43 time left, Gatekeeper will use a shield where it is immune to any damage except from water element Nikkes. The shield lasts around 12 seconds. Gatekeeper also summons a rocket from portal, which requires much much higher CP than stage requirement to have enough DPS to destroy. Simply take cover when the rocket is about to land on your team. This phase also seems to occur again at 1:26 if you do not enter the red circle phase before that.
When there’s 2:11 time left, Gatekeeper will summon a bunch of kamikaze/suicide raptures. These raptures will cast an immune shield after 1 to 2 seconds of spawning. This is the most dangerous threat in the entire stage. Having full burst especially an AOE burst is crucial here to wipe them out quickly, and take cover if there’s 1 or 2 of them left.
With 4.5 HP bar left, Gatekeeper will use a shield where it is completely immune to any damage, including water element Nikkes. You will then enter into a phase where you have to destroy all red circles in time, while also not destroying any white circles. Failing this phase will cause Gatekeeper to throw a sun at you, dealing heavy damage or wiping out your team. If you are somehow able to survive after failing this phase twice, Gatekeeper will stop sending you into this phase and allow you to deal damage to it.
Other moves Gatekeeper use are having its turret firing a single target laser at your team and also firing meteors that deal tiny damage but inflicts damage debuff on your units.
- VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE USE AT LEAST one Burst 1 unit with 20s cooldown, one Burst 2 unit with 20s cooldown and two Burst 3 units to ensure you can activate burst every 20 seconds. If you have trouble building team, refer to team comp guide and tier list.
- Have full burst ready for the suicide raptures when they spawn. This means you need to have burst gauge full before 2:11 in stage, spamming Rocket Launcher and Sniper units attack on Gatekeeper will help with building burst gauge rapidly.
- Have full burst ready for the red circles phase. This means you should adjust your damage and have burst gauge at full before dropping Gatekeeper to 4.5 HP bar left. Additional note: Playing on landscape mode on both mobile and PC client makes this phase much easier, as playing on portrait requires you to switch to the unit in 1st slot to see red circle at start.
- Destroy his rings/turrets when there are no other threats as breaking each of them deal an additional 0.5 HP bar of damage. The rings always deal the same amount of total damage regardless of how many of them are left alive.
- Compared to co-op, water unit is actually not required here as the dangerous QTE move during immune shield only damaged by water unit does not exist in this stage. Simply bring your best team used in campaign.
- Having lower CP (combat power) than the stage requirement makes this stage very very difficult to clear unless you have the top tier units in this game. If you have lower CP, try pushing campaign as far as possible and then use your resource box to level up and get higher CP before attempting this stage.
Units with wave clear
These units provide wave clear to help deal with the suicide raptures appearing at 2:11. Having one of them in your team makes this stage much easier.
You should at least have Mihara since she’s a SR unit, Scarlet/Harran are the top options here.
i only used Pepper, Anis or Belorta (i cant remember), Privaty, Rapi, and Drake all at level 110 except Rapi at 120.