Table of Contents
This section will focus on team building tips and recommendations for the Rookie Arena in Goddess of Victory: Nikke. We highly recommend reading both the “Mechanics” and “Meta Overview” sections to at least get familiar with some of the concepts or jargon that’s gonna be thrown around in here.
For more, check out our series of PvP Arena guides by top player scyv4x:
- For an overview on the different Arena modes and rewards Click here.
- For an overview on Arena mechanics Click here.
- For an explanation on Arena meta Click here.
- For SP Arena teambuilding recommendations Click here.
Rookie Arena Meta Overview
The Rookie Arena meta is pretty simple: There’s still no perfect defence, and you don’t have to scatter your good Nikkes amongst 3 different teams, so you pack your strongest Nikkes into one team.
Ideally you’d want a team that can fend off the 4 meta DPS Nikkes (Scar, SAnis, Alice and Red Hood), but that’s currently impossible.
Here are a few teams that try to get close though.
Rookie Arena Meta Team #1
|Max HP buff + Heals||Scarlet blocker||Nuke + good DPS with her attacks||Heals + Max HP + Rez (if you get to 2nd rotation)||Battery + damage share for extra survivability|
The “God comp”, this comp tends to hinder most teams in the meta (3RL).
- Good against: Most teams, pretty much any Alice comp.
- Weak against: Red Hood if she has high elemental damage on OL, Rosanna + buffed SAnis comps where she can outlive the damage she’d take from Scarlet
Rookie Arena Meta Team #2
|Buffer + Indom to Scarlet||Nuke + good DPS with her attacks||Invul to Blanc||Battery||Battery + damage share for extra survivability|
ST-resistant Scarlet comp (3RL).
- Good against: Most comps that run Alice/RH.
- Weak against: 2RL Scarlet setups.
Rookie Arena Meta Team #3
|Buffer + Indom to Scarlet||Scarlet buffer (Blanc also works if you have burst gen cube on all 3 of your clip RLs)||Battery||Battery||Battery + damage share for extra survivability|
Fast buffed Scarlet comp (2RL).
- Good against: 3RL or slower comps that can’t protect or revive their DPS.
- Weak against: 2RL Scarlet-Noah setups, Rapunzel surviving Scarlet’s burst.
Rookie Arena Meta Team #4
|Scarlet blocker||Max HP buff + Heals||ST DPS||Invul to Noah||Battery + damage share for extra survivability (Needs burst gen cube to get to 3RL)|
Scarlet-resistant Alice team.
- Good against: Most Scarlet variants.
- Weak against: SAnis stall, faster teams with Rosanna.
Low Level Players
|Flex slot||Flex slot|
|Can be one of your high CP Nikkes that may or may not good in PvP||AoE + stun and good single target damage||Battery||Battery, can run other B1s that are either RL or clip SG||Whatever choices you may have available, if it’s a RL or SG even better|
Absolutely barebones team that pretty much anyone that started out recently and is low level can use, just meant to be as a starting point (try to get it to at least 3RL in this calculator: Burst Gen Calc).
- Good against: Low-level teams that don’t know what they’re doing.
- Bad against: Generally considered good teams.
Since Rookie Arena rewards aren’t that good, a lot of people tend to use it as testing grounds for teams to try different matchups, and then apply that knowledge to SP Arena (or you just bully people you can beat with ease).